Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Clyde Radcliffe Exterminates All The Unfriendly Repulsive Earth-ridden Slime

You know guys, here at Squakenet we try to find the best abandonware resource of the net. We generally look for PC Games, but we are old gamers and Amiga, Commodore 64 and 80's videogames platform are something we loved as well as pc games. To make a long story short, I was looking youtube home page, when I see the following:



Amazing!! simply amazing!! I remind when my brother and I used to play this fantastic game, Creatures. I believe it was on of the best game of the history, considering it was developed for Commodode 64. It has everything a game must have: nice graphics, a great soundtrack, something magic behind the characters populating the games platforms, and a very hilarious title (indeed CREATURES is the acronym of Clyde Radcliffe Exterminates All The Unfriendly Repulsive Earth-ridden Slime). I do not know if you've ever played. If not, go in your roof, plug the Commodore and play (or more easily look for C64 emulator in the net).

The games was made by Rowlands brothers, that managed to make a great entertaining games (really, music is excellent, thanks Steve Rowlands). Here an interview made by Lemon 64 web site to Steve. Have a look. The two brothers made Creatures 2 after a while, and, even if repeating a success is difficult, well, they managed to.

Unfortunately a port for PC has never been made, what a bad luck, what a bad luck. However, you can enjoy tons of video in the youtube channel I extract the video above.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic and enjoyable game... I played when I was 10 old.

    ReplyDelete