Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Disney games

Some posts ago I wrote about the new cartoon movie made by Fox, Rio. I already wrote I am not a big fan of animation movies, unless, I must say that in the last year some of them are very beautiful (just thinking at Pixar's ones). Then, going back to memories I tried to remember which was the last animation movies I watched to. It was 1993 and it was Lion King.

Yes, I remind at those time Disney came out each Christmas with a new animation movie, old school cartoons... and old schools videogames as well. Yes, because all of those movies were immediately followed by a videogames inspired to the cartoon. I thought Disney had its own software development, but, looking at this page found in Wikipedia it seems they don't.

Really, I never imagined they released so many titles during the last 30 years, from the first one, Mickey Mouse (sorry, the game is not indexed in Squakenet), released in 1981 till the most recent they published around 100 different titles.

To be honest I just remember the ones I played during first nineties, and they were all platform based games. The only different one was Stunt Island pc game which was a strange simulation game were it was supposed to reproduce stunts competition or even make a sort of movie of that kind of stunts. Just have a look at the video:



About the platform games I would like to remember those ones made around nineties, they were outstanding, I really loved playing (and finishing) Lion King.

You can see, one each year to make children (and adult) enjoy with those characters they loved watching in the animation movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment