Monday, May 23, 2011

Chat about Starcraft 2

Have you ever wondered where fantasy characters of our beloved games come from? Yes, such strange creatures that populates each kind of games, platform, puzzle or whatever. In particular I was thinking about the great success that Blizzard had in time with titles such Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo just to name the most famous. I made a very quick search, and the name of Chris Metzen came out.

Chris is a game designer who is behind of several of the fictional characters that we can enjoy, in particular in Real Time Strategy environment. Blizzard recently came out with the release of Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, the sequel of one of the greatest RTS games ever, and he released the following interview I want to share with you:



I had no time to play Starcraft 2 yet, but his words (and the wonderful gameplay trailer coming along the interview) are giving me will to play and finish.

Yes, because I really loves games with a plot, a fascinating story, and this seems to be one of them. At least according Chris words when he speaks about the fact that story is very important for Blizzard team because it involves you in an emotional context (and it make you stuck to the game!). Then I am curious to see why he loves so much the ending of THIS story, and I underline this because it seems Starcraft 3 is out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment