Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Who Dares Wins 2 - Do you?

If you're visiting Squakenet you're a nostalgic. Yes, this is not psychoanalysis, it's a fact! Abandonware games lovers are all nostalgic and some days ago, I do not know how (maybe I was looking for it... but sshhhh don't say that!), I stumbled upon some article speaking about "Who Dares Wins 2". Well, this game is a great game! If you had the opportunity to play it, you know what I am talking about. Based on Commando (yes another great one!) it is the story of another Rambo-hero rushed in a world war scenario.

There are 8 levels, quite difficult to reach the end. Guess what? I did! on my C64 something like 20 years ago (now you can understand why I was speaking about being nostalgic). I manage to find a longplay so you can enjoy again the game, living again the adrenaline you need to get to kill all enemies (dare to count the number!).


Sure, graphics was not exceptional, neither there is a 3D action environment where to move, but, damn, it was amazing! Unfortunately there have not been any port of this game for PC (just Commando that is very very similar), so, we cannot propose you to play again (though you can do with commodore emulators!).

In memory of this nostalgy we decided to make a giveaway contest. We still have a free copy of  The Witcher (gently offered by GOG) that we will give away for the person that will write a complete review of one of the war games below:
Ten great war games that I am sure you will enjoy again, the time expire on October 15th and we will draw the winner between all the ones written till that date. If you have any other War game you would like to add to the list, please go ahead and comment, we will add it.

1 comment:

  1. I had this! Just the right difficulty, I managed to complete it an felt proud of that fact.

    ReplyDelete