Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hey dude, bring respect!

Today I want to dedicate a post about games born by movies, gangster movies in particular. The idea to write this post has born after looking at my poster of "The Untouchables" on my room's wall. "The Untouchables" movie release in 1987 and is a cult of his genre. After two years OCEAN produced the game for Commodore 64 and DOS version for pc. I remember when I played The Untouchables
I was about eight years old and I will not forget the hours spent in front of my C64 because of the difficulty of some levels.

Here you can remember that good time too (and the great soundtrack):

It was just the beginning of several Gangster production since after two years another masterpiece movie was turned into videogame: The Godfather.
I hope everybody watched the trilogy (if not, shame on you, buy it on Amazon). For the ones who just want modern games there is a new version released on 2006 you can find here on Amazon. I just played this verion and I must say it is fantastic. You can move up the ranks of the Corleone crime family, increase your character's experience and your "Respect" until you manage to be the Godfather. See a video sample:

Otherwise there is the classic Mafia unless it has not been created from a movie. What to say, we like Gangster's movies and games, of course they are not educational games full of shootings, blood and mafia activities... but funny things are always the bad ones! Other similar games I do suggest you to play are Gangsters: Organized Crime and Gangsters 2. And remember to bring respect... BANG! BANG!

No comments:

Post a Comment