Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Review contest, May winner

Here we are with the first draw for the contest that will go all along 2011. I am glad to announce you May winner is Jackson Fellblade with the review he wrote on May 14th for Quake game.

Many congratulations!! He is the first winner of our contest that will continue all the year long. The prize? he choosed a game gently offered by Gog, Unreal Gold, to be precise. Here it goes a short interview:

Q: First of all, congratulations, you're our first winner, which is your name (or nickname)?

A: Jackson Fellblade

Q: Which are the three (abandonware) games you liked most in the past?

A: My top three past abandonware games are Diablo 1, Unreal Tournament and Civilization 2 Test of Time.

Q: Why those games?

A: Diablo was my favourite because of the dark, Gothic feeling to it, it had atmosphere that only stayed with Diablo 1, and it had a decent emphasis on survival and quick thinking. Unreal Tournament was another favourite due to it's game play style coupled with the many maps and gameplay options. Civilization 2 Test of Time is my last favourite because of it's casual play style, also it having four game-types, about 6 multi-player options one of them being Hotseat, makes it my third favourite abandonware game of the past.

Q: Which is the GOG games you chose?
A: Unreal Gold

Q: Why this game?
A: I have always heard good things about this game but have never botheredto give it a look, but now that I have, I have decided to choose this game. One of the factors that led me to choosing this game is the fact that it practically changed the way fps games looked, and that when it was made it was barely even playable, and it even has it's own map editor to create maps and tinker with ones that even come with the game. Also I've always been a fan of the Unreal series since i've played UT99, UT2k4 and UT3, I'd like to play Unreal, where it all began.

Q: Tell us something about Squakenet
A: I enjoy Squakenet mostly because it is one of the only places I go for the many games that have shaped what gaming is today, which are mostly all abandonware games, and I also enjoy it because i get to find new and interesting games i haven't tried before, and by doing so, expand my horizon.

Well, again congratulations and enjoy your prize! We will wait for more and more participation, I remind, winning is as easy as writing a review of the games you always loved. See you at the end of June with a new draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment